CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Time Out for Women


While I was in Georgia I got to go to TOFW in Tallahassee, FL. It was wonderful. I went with my good friend, Holly Keyton. I came back feeling so uplifted and ready to take on my household again. The speakers were great. One of the speakers was Jason Wright(author of The Wednesday Letters) He was so good, as was the book. If any of you get a chance to go to a TOFW, be sure and go. THey are well worth the money.

A few key things I picked up:
*Family Service Ideas: thank you notes, pick projects that help your children grow, family service will help a child feel the spirit.

*Forgiveness is the gift you give yourself.

*A prayer is the window into the soul of your spouse.(love this one)

*Have an anxious concern for the comfort and well being of your spouse. Pres Hinckley.

*Create a heavenly home for your children know matter what they do.

* Let your child know their mother loves them

* The spirit of contention will depart if we read the scriptures. Marion G. Romney

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Gen, I really enjoyed hearing about TOFW from you. I want to go sometime. I'm so glad you went and I was able to bond with Emma.
Mom